Friday, August 11, 2017

Herbs are growing on my porch. In 2014 I bought my house in my fantastic neighborhood and found to my delight, after the closing, that there was an honest to goodness porch swing, a feature that I had missed when taking a tour, coming back for the inspection and even when visiting with my Mom. You see, I have always loved porch swings. My Aunt had one for a bit when I was a kid and I just loved how relaxing they were and how you could just swing and talk for hours, maybe with a glass of tea in hand. My swing lived up to its given purpose, family and friends do sit and swing and we do sip on tea, coffee, and even wine and beer. It is a versatile swing but, how does it relate to herbs?? Well, on the other side of my porch sits a razed planter bed (thanks Mom) where there is parsley, oregano and rosemary. This is another feature that I always associated with a true home and as soon as I can figure out how to best use these tasty little plants they can go to work, bringing even more good taste into my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment