Thursday, July 13, 2017

These walks down LEAD memory lane have been fun. Again we had a ton of Pittsburgh people at the 2015 conference. This year Al could not join us though the Thomas family did make the trip. Kathy drove with the boys and Stacy while Eric, Sarah baby Andy and I drove a jeep. The sessions were good again. Yeah submitters and committees. I was a part of a panel discussion on Audio Description at the end of the conference. Sadly, there is a photo of me in a headdress floating around the net somewhere, I love the ballet… Eric and I also attended a fantastic British session on Relaxed Performances and I went to a great one on donor engagement in funding access work, done by this great V.P. from the Kennedy Center. She was late because I think, maybe traffic but, once she arrived, she was fantastic. Stacy is also becoming a font of knowledge on volunteer programs. We did attend the opening. Interesting and huge place but they needed more interaction in my opinion. The day before the conference started the Thomas’s and I once again hit the town. We did museums, the mall, my pore Bear burnt his feet walking over part of the world as we traversed the Navy exhibit, we went back to the Archives and saw an exhibit on the drinking habits of the first families. it was a good time over all! Finally, the trip home was no fun, not in the least. We left at the wrong time and got caught in traffic that lasted until Pennsylvania and I mean the state and not the Avenue. When we did reach home all of us were tired and crabby, just like a family after a long trip. I hoped to return to D.C. again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment