Thursday, July 6, 2017

My second LEAD experience was at the Kennedy Center. This time we were on LEAD2013. I was asked to co-present with Betty which was very nice. We did an intro session on working with the visually impaired and it went well. In fact, this was my second time working with Betty in 2013, the first time was at a GPAC event in February when, they flew her up to open their planned program of spring sessions and I was her opening act of sorts. . Also at this LEAD Dan Hoffer of the Trust and I were able to attend a pre-conference offering called tech at LEAD. It was a fascinating day and while not exactly applicable to our day to day work, we did open our minds to new ideas. I was also newly introduced to the idea of an IBeacon system, which sounds cool but, I will need to play with it to get a useable understanding. Luckily the Warhol now has one. Museums have such potential to be cool and automate content delivery. Also, at this conference, we met some attorneys who could speak to risk. They were awesome. We also shared about our experience over the year working with Disney and BAA on our Autism Friendly Lion King and all who we spoke with sounded really interested. Additionally the Kennedy Center is expanding their Family Theater work into Sensory Friendly programming, which was something that we needed to think about over the coming years. Thus far we have added performances in 2015-2016 and 2017 and of course we did our day time gallery crawl. We met Roger who has continued to be a great friend and partner. Additionally the term Pittsburgh Mafia was born, I don’t recall how but know that it had to do with the fact that there are a lot of us and we hang out and genuinely like one another, also Diane from Imagination Stage was involved but, we are now the Pittsburgh Mafia. Over all it was a blockbuster LEAD. I will just add two more things. Betty and Jessica added a Sarah to their team and I liked her right away. Finally, to keep the Pittsburgh emerging Leader thing alive, Alissa of the Ballet one it in 2013. Yay! Also in D.C. we of course hit the mall. Had another Pittsburgh dinner which we invited Mimi to, Philly is PA too… Then we had one of the best Asian fusion dinners ever. I went to the Archives for the first time and parts of the Smithsonian for the millionth time. And finally we took a photo with JFK’s head. Oh, and even though I keep saying that I am done, I am never done with D.C. We went to Alexandria to have dinner with Chris’ old friend from college’s family. It was amazing sea food and amazing drinks and afterword as we were walking back to the car, we had ice-cream that may have been home made. It too was terrific and for Bear’s first trip, it was a huge success! D.C. is just the best!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment